Talal is a Senior Associate at AlGhazzawi & Partners – in association with Gowling WLG. Before joining AlGhazzawi & Partners, Talal was the legal director of the Real Estate General Authority (“REGA”) and the legal consultant of the National Data Management Office.
Prior to this, and after starting his career in law practice where he advised businesses on transactional matters focused on commercial contracts and dispute resolution, Talal worked as a legislative specialist in the Capital Market Authority (CMA). At the CMA, he contributed in the drafting and revision of major commercial laws, including the Investment Funds Regulation, the Corporate Governance Regulation, and Companies Law, among others.
Talal is a certified capital markets expert and has been granted the grade of mastery in derivatives from the New York Institute of Finance. Talal is a certified professional in Data Governance and Privacy, and in Global Information Privacy from the International Association of Privacy Professionals (“IAPP”), and DAMA International Organization, among other certifications in Corporate Governance and Compliance.
During his career, Talal consulted numerous public and private entities on major investment projects, enabling the informed decision-making process, and managing legal risks and compliance. In addition, Talal has incorporated and managed legal affairs of Fin-Tech businesses that completed several rounds of investment and evolved to lead the sector. Additionally, Talal has a distinct litigation skill, which enabled him to represent prominent companies in Courts.
His areas of expertise include:
- Corporate Governance
- Islamic finance
- Corporate finance
- Capital Markets
- Real Estate
- Insolvency and restructuring
- Regulatory and policy making
- 2020 - Corporate Governance Expert – The Institute of Finance
- 2019 - Mastery in Financial Derivatives – New York Institute of Finance.
- 2019 - Qualified Compliance Manager (CME-2) – Institute of Finance.
- 2018 - • Securities Dealing Expert (CME-1) – The Institute of Finance.
- 2017 – Master of Laws – University of Southern California.
- 2017 – Graduate Certificate in Business Law – University of Southern California.
- 2013 - Bachelor of Law with Honors – King Abdulaziz University.
- Directed the legal affairs of the Real Estate General Authority (“REGA”).
- Advised REGA’s governor and Board on strategic objectives & projects.
- Shared in the foundation of the Saudi Real Estate Institute.
- Advised public entities on major Real Estate projects.
- Directed numerous financial institutions & listed companies towards compliance.
- Drafted major laws & regulations within the financial sectors, such as Investment Funds Regulations, Rules for Special Purpose Vehicles, Bankruptcy Laws and prospective Corporate Law.
- Consulted leading public and private entities within the Capital Market, Corporate and Real Estate Sectors.
- Led the regulatory process of introducing derivatives in the Saudi Stock Exchange – Tadawul.
- Represented shareholders in landmark securities disputes regarding directors’ liabilities & fiduciary duties.
- Established numerous business endeavors in the Kingdom.
- Directed the legal affairs of the Real Estate General Authorities.
- Drafted the Ejar unified contract, the Home Owners Associations’ Articles, and the Subdivision of Real Estate Units (Farz) published by the Real Estate General Authority.
- Oversaw the real estate development of more than $ 800 million in value.
- Consulting leading real estate developers on landmark projects, like Rafal Tower, DAMAK, Rafal Residence and Al-Nayfa
- Worked on the Privatization of the Real Estate Registry, representing the Saudi government.
- Incorporated Real Estate Investment Funds in the amount of more than SR. 2 billion in capital.
- Advising several investment banks on securities business in KSA, and incorporation of many funds.
- Consulting Inspire-U incubator, and mentored incubated startups & fin-techs in various sectors.
- Consulting various Capital Market Institutions & listed companies.
- Settled a major dispute related to the biggest Metro project in KSA.
- Drafting construction contracts for mega projects in KSA, like NEOM, Riyadh Metro, and others.
- Advised on the construction, operation, and maintenance of Al-Mashaer Al-Muqadasah Metro Project.
- Drafted major investment laws, such as the Investment Funds Regulation, the Insolvency Law, the Companies Law, and the Trading Rules of the Saudi Stock Exchange (Tadawul).
- Advised a leading company on its mass production of solar PV systems endeavor.
- Litigated a landmark securities dispute before the Commitee of Securities Disputes.
- Litigated a commercial dispute between the shareholders of a leading medical supply company in a claim with an approximate amount of SR. 100 million.
- Forming local & international companies, along with advising them on structuring & licensing.
- Drafting term sheets & shareholders agreements for transactions with millions in value.
- Conducting due diligence reports (“DDR”) for mergers, acquisitions and IPOs.
- Drafting the legal documents for the acquisition of a leading Saudi property management enterprise by a Malaysian company.
- Administering the drafting of Tadawul’s rules & procedures.
- Incorporating an investment fund with over SR. 1 billion in value by a leading investment bank.
- Advising a leading Swiss investment bank on its securities activities in Saudi Arabia.
- Representing a top-tier insurance company on its acquisition of a financial company.
- Settled a two-year contractual dispute in the client’s favor, within two months of retainment.
Are You Ready?
Let's Work Together
Let us help you conduct business with confidence. Contact our legal team today for immediate assistance.