Talal Faisal Alfi
Talal is a Senior Associate at AlGhazzawi & Partners – in association with Gowling WLG. Before joining AlGhazzawi & Partners, Talal was the legal director of the Real Estate General Authority (“REGA”) and the legal consultant of the National Data Management Office.
Prior to this, and after starting his career in law practice where he advised businesses on transactional matters focused on commercial contracts and dispute resolution, Talal worked as a legislative specialist in the Capital Market Authority (CMA). At the CMA, he contributed in the drafting and revision of major commercial laws, including the Investment Funds Regulation, the Corporate Governance Regulation, and Companies Law, among others.
Talal is a certified capital markets expert and has been granted the grade of mastery in derivatives from the New York Institute of Finance. Talal is a certified professional in Data Governance and Privacy, and in Global Information Privacy from the International Association of Privacy Professionals (“IAPP”), and DAMA International Organization, among other certifications in Corporate Governance and Compliance.
During his career, Talal consulted numerous public and private entities on major investment projects, enabling the informed decision-making process, and managing legal risks and compliance. In addition, Talal has incorporated and managed legal affairs of Fin-Tech businesses that completed several rounds of investment and evolved to lead the sector. Additionally, Talal has a distinct litigation skill, which enabled him to represent prominent companies in Courts.
His areas of expertise include:
- Corporate Governance
- Islamic finance
- Corporate finance
- Capital Markets
- Real Estate
- Insolvency and restructuring
- Regulatory and policy making
- 2019 - Mastery of Derivatives – Institute of Finance.
- 2018 - General Securities Qualification Certificate – The Institute of Finance.
- 2017 – Master of Laws – University of Southern California.
- 2017 – Graduate Certificate in Business Law – University of Southern California.
- 2013 - Bachelor of Law – King Abdulaziz University.
- Directed the legal affairs of the Real Estate General Authority (“REGA”).
- Advised REGA’s governor and Board on strategic objectives & projects.
- Shared in the foundation of the Saudi Real Estate Institute.
- Advised public entities on major Real Estate projects.
- Directed numerous financial institutions & listed companies towards compliance.
- Drafted major laws & regulations within the financial sectors, such as the Investment Funds Regulations, Rules for Special Purpose Vehicles, Bankruptcy Law and prospective Corporate Law.
- Consulted leading public and private entities within the Capital Market, Corporate and Real Estate Sectors.
- Led the regulatory process of introducing derivatives in the Saudi Stock Exchange – Tadawul.
- Represented shareholders in landmark securities disputes regarding directors’ liabilities & fiduciary duties.
- Established numerous business endeavors in the Kingdom.
Are You Ready?
Let's Work Together
Let us help you conduct business with confidence. Contact our legal team today for immediate assistance.
Offices Across The Region
Prince Muhammad Street
P.O. Box 381, Dammam 31411
T: +966 13 8331611
F: +966 13 8331981
Al Maady Street, Corniche Al Hamra
P.O. Box 7346, Jeddah 21462
T: +966 12 6531576
F: +966 12 6532612
King Fahd Road
P.O. Box 9029, Riyadh 11413
T: +966 11 4632374
F: +966 11 4627566
Nile City Tower, North Tower, 23rd Floor
2005 Corniche El Nil, Ramlet Beaulac
Cairo, Egypt 11221
T: +202 2461 9647
F: +202 2461 9647