Osman Moh’d Ali Salih Gailab
Osman has over 28 years of legal experience in Saudi Arabia, all gained at AlGhazzawi & Partners. Previous to joining the firm, he worked with the Ministry of Justice and the Central Bank of Sudan for 18 years.
Osman’s areas of experience and specialization include commercial law, contracts, company law, Sharia’ Law, and Insurance Law. He has handled several matters related to corporate and company law, especially issues involving acquisition of assets and businesses including preparation of documents for formalizing the transactions.
Osman has also rendered advice and prepared documents for forming different types of companies including companies under Foreign Investment Regulations. He has drafted, reviewed, and revised numerous MOUs and agreements related to joint ventures between Saudi entities and foreign companies.
- 1981 – Postgraduate diploma in International Law, the Netherlands
- 1973 – Bachelor of Laws, University of Khartoum, Sudan
- Conducted an exhaustive study and legal due diligence on merger of 10 inter group companies owned by a Lebanese multinational and Saudi entities. The study included tax implications, transfer of sponsorship of employees and other regulatory issues. Later led a team of attorneys to formalize the merger amidst different regulatory challenges and issues.
- Liquidation of a joint venture between a Saudi entity and French multinational which turned complicated owing to non-cooperation and participation by the local partner following the death of the founding partner.
- Handled a complicated dispute between majority shareholders and minority shareholders over management of an industrial conglomerate engaged in the manufacturing of paper and plastic products for industrial and consumer use.
- Lead attorney in handling issues related to the lawsuits filed by over 300 individual investors in Saudi Arabia against a Bahamas-based investment company.
- Conducted study in regard of restructuring of a huge group of companies owned by a Saudi businessman along with his children.
- Lead attorney on a labor claim by a renowned multinational against a high-ranking executive of the company allegedly involved in misappropriation.
- Handled a dispute for a Japanese multinational over dispute with their partner in a Saudi limited liability company and arranging its liquidation through court proceedings.
- Lead attorney on labor and other claims filed by a very senior employee of a leading auditing firm.
- conducted due diligence for a subsidiary of a publicly held Saudi corporation acquiring a large sized metal coating company as well as prepared all of the documents pertaining to the acquisition and formalization of the entire transaction.
Are You Ready?
Let's Work Together
Let us help you conduct business with confidence. Contact our legal team today for immediate assistance.