Majed is an American lawyer with a senior position at Ghazzawi Professional Association (GPA). Prior to joining GPA, Majed was an Associate at Trowers & Hamlins LLP, where he focused his practice on advising private equity firms and privately held companies on a broad range of corporate transactions, including corporate formation, mergers and acquisitions, and corporate governance. Majed also practiced law in the UAE at Emirates International Law Firm in Abu Dhabi and Shalakani Law Firm in Dubai.
Majed has been with GPA for over twelve years. His clients are primarily European, Middle Eastern and Asian corporations.
- 2006 – LLM in Taxation, Florida University, Florida, USA
- 2003 – Juris Doctor, Thomas M. Cooley Law School, Michigan, USA
- Represented major Chinese contractor on its EPC contract for Al-Mashaer Al-Muqadasah Metro Project – Southern Line in Makkah, Saudi Arabia (valued in excess of SAR 13 Billion);
- Advised a government-owned Malaysian corporation on the Operation & Maintenance Contract of Al-Mashaer Al-Muqadasah Metro Project – Southern Line in Makkah, Saudi Arabia;
- Advised select consortium members for the Riyadh Metro on the bidding process and preparation of tender documents for the project;
- on PPP projects including a sewage treatment and solid waste in the UAE, including reviewing and drafting various project, finance and security documents;
- aMajor Qatari oil and gas client in connection with a multi-million US dollar dispute against an international marine construction and pipeline company;
- represented UAE oil and gas company on establishing over forty petrol and service stations in one of the Gulf States;
- advised multi-million UAE Dirham transactions including capital increase of a major real estate company in Abu Dhabi, UAE, through share and mandatory convertible bonds including negotiating and drafting private placement memo, share and bond subscription agreements;
- on national and international joint ventures in the United Arab Emirates, Oman and the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia; and
- on real estate practiceincluding but not limited to real estate development, construction and consultation in the Sultanate of Oman and Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.
- American Bar Association – Florida 2006
Are You Ready?
Let's Work Together
Let us help you conduct business with confidence. Contact our legal team today for immediate assistance.