Sound Guidance for Complex Infrastructure Projects
Infrastructure and PPP Legal Expertise in Saudi Arabia
Offices in Jeddah, Riyadh, and Dammam
It is estimated that the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia will invest USD $492 billion in infrastructure over the next 25 years. Any Involvement in public projects of this scale requires robust legal support to understand public tendering requirements, Public-Private Partnership (PPP) projects, procurement regulations, dispute resolution mechanisms, and other legal matters as well as a review of contracts for such projects.
AlGhazzawi & Partners has vast experience in infrastructure, PPP, and privatization projects – in particular in relation to transportation, power, water, and waste management.
Our legal practice advises global companies, sponsors, banks, and other financial institutions on all aspects of projects around the world. This encompasses the full range of corporate and regulatory matters affecting the infrastructure sector, including trade, privatizations, mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures, environmental regulation, employment issues, litigation, and arbitration in both domestic and international jurisdictions.
Robust Legal Support for Infrastructure Projects in the Kingdom
We advise private companies in understanding the public tendering and procurement regulations in the Kingdom. Our experts then guide clients throughout the life of the project, including managing the relationship between public and private entities. We regularly assist in contract negotiation and drafting, project financing, real estate support, tax issues, employment concerns, dispute resolution, litigation, and other ongoing support for complex legal challenges you may face throughout the life of your project.
Notable infrastructure projects include:
- Advising a Spanish-Saudi consortium on all contractual aspects of the USD $8.25 billion Phase 2 of the Haramain High Speed Railway Project.
- Revising contracts and advising a leading Chinese railway construction company on all legal issues of its USD $2 billion Mecca Metro Project.
- Supporting and reviewing a French and Spanish consortium on their bids for the operation and management of water and wastewater systems in Riyadh and Jeddah.
- Advising Jeddah Municipality on its strategic infrastructure and construction projects, including the renovation of the 17,000 square metre Jeddah Corniche and the Khozam Palace project.
- Working alongside Jeddah Province Municipality on a tender to invite international consortiums to develop projects known as Jeddah East and Jeddah Cultural & Social Centre.
- Aiding Jazan Economic City Land Limited and MMC International, a Malaysian company, on various matters related to the development and financing of Jazan Economic City.
- Advising Jeddah Development & Urban Regeneration Co. (JDURC), a joint stock company of Jeddah Municipality, on numerous development projects including Jabal Omar Development. Work included advice on the tender process and drafting of RFPs.
- Using our commercial bank financing expertise to guide a consortium comprised of Japanese multinationals on its bid for the 3 billion USD Marafiq power and desalination projects.
Contact Our Legal Team
No matter the complexity of your matter, the experienced legal team at AlGhazzawi & Partners has the depth of experience and foresight to help you conduct business with confidence and defend your interest in a cost-effective manner. With offices located in Jeddah, Dammam, and Riyadh, we provide legal services to domestic and international clients across the Kingdom. Contact us to book a consultation.
Read Our Latest Updates on the Kingdom’s Laws & Regulations
Regulatory Frameworks of Companies Under Saudi Companies Law
Early 2023 will bring about new changes in The Kingdom’s corporate landscape as the New Companies Law, approved by the Saudi Cabinet of Ministers, comes into effect in January. The…Read More
New Mandatory Surveillance Camera System Law in Saudi Arabia
A new law governing the use of surveillance cameras in the Kingdom has been approved by the Council of Ministers, headed by King Salman. Pursuant to Royal Decree No: 164…Read More
Major Provisions and Changes in Saudi Arabia’s Law of Evidence
Continuing with reforms in the judiciary and in line with Vision # 2030, Saudi Arabia promulgated the Law of Evidences on 2 January, 2022 which was published in the official…Read More
Saudi Arabia – Rules for Setting Up of Foreign Law Firms (Draft for Public Consultation)
Following the issuance of the Council of Ministers’ Decree which allows the foreign law firm to set up offices in Saudi Arabia (with certain conditions and requirements), the Ministry of…Read More
Penalties for HR-Related Violations by Establishments (Ministerial Decree No:92768 dated 5/5/1443 H.)
The Minister of Human Resources and Social Development has issued a Ministerial Decree approving the Schedule of Penalties against Violations by Companies and Establishments covering various aspects of operations falling…Read More
Are You Ready?
Let's Work Together
Let us help you conduct business with confidence. Contact our legal team today for immediate assistance.