Energy & Resources
Proven Guidance for Complex Energy and Resources Projects
Legal Expertise for the Energy and Resources Sector in Saudi Arabia
Offices in Jeddah, Riyadh, and Dammam
Energy and resources remain the backbone of the Saudi Economy. This includes direct oil production and a wide variety of affiliated industries such as petrochemicals, plastics, polyurethane, and polypropylene, all of which have witnessed a rapid increase in economic activity.
As the largest law firm in the Eastern Province with over 50 years of experience and one of the largest law firms in the Kingdom, AlGhazzawi & Partners is a major player in the energy and resources sector. Our Dammam office grew alongside the Kingdom’s oil industry, becoming the trusted legal partner for the major petroleum companies on all aspects of Saudi Laws and Regulations. We have advised clients on both upstream and downstream projects including those relating to on-land and offshore pipelines, refining facilities, mobile offshore jack-up rigs, and gas sales arrangements.
Through our cooperation agreement with Gowling WLG, we are able to provide our clients with an unrivaled combination of local and international Energy and Resources expertise.
Furthermore, as a full-service business law firm, our practice encompasses a full range of corporate and regulatory matters affecting the energy sector, including trade, privatizations, mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures, environmental regulation, intellectual property protection, litigation, and arbitration in both domestic and international tribunals.
Notable energy and resources projects include advising:
- an oil and gas major on a case filed by a publicly listed joint-stock agricultural company alleging appropriation of large tracts of land by our client demanding compensation in excess of USD $900 million. Our team successfully contested the ruling issued by the lower courts at the appellate level.
- an oil and gas major in a dispute with a publicly listed refining company over contractual obligations and compensation sought in amounts exceeding USD $400 million.
- a large-sized Saudi oil company in a dispute with a contractual petrochemical company in the Board of Grievance Commercial Committee, the value of the claim being USD $200 million.
- An oil and gas major in a dispute with a publicly listed refining company over contract compensation claiming a sum of USD $300 million.
- An oil and gas major in a USD $217 million damages claim for breach of contract and non-payment in relation to a kerosene purchase agreement.
- An oil and gas major faced with hundreds of claims related to compensation against expropriation of the lands and disputes over ownership of real estate and request for development of land.
- An oil and gas major in a claim of over USD 100 Million claim alleging appropriation of large tract of land in Yanbu – Successfully defended the client and had the claim overturned
Contact Our Legal Team
No matter the complexity of your matter, the experienced legal team at AlGhazzawi & Partners has the depth of experience and foresight to help you conduct business with confidence and defend your interest in a cost-effective manner. With offices located in Jeddah, Dammam, and Riyadh, we provide legal services to domestic and international clients across the Kingdom. Contact us to book a consultation.
Read Our Latest Updates on the Kingdom’s Laws & Regulations
Regulatory Frameworks of Companies Under Saudi Companies Law
Early 2023 will bring about new changes in The Kingdom’s corporate landscape as the New Companies Law, approved by the Saudi Cabinet of Ministers, comes into effect in January. The…Read More
New Mandatory Surveillance Camera System Law in Saudi Arabia
A new law governing the use of surveillance cameras in the Kingdom has been approved by the Council of Ministers, headed by King Salman. Pursuant to Royal Decree No: 164…Read More
Major Provisions and Changes in Saudi Arabia’s Law of Evidence
Continuing with reforms in the judiciary and in line with Vision # 2030, Saudi Arabia promulgated the Law of Evidences on 2 January, 2022 which was published in the official…Read More
Saudi Arabia – Rules for Setting Up of Foreign Law Firms (Draft for Public Consultation)
Following the issuance of the Council of Ministers’ Decree which allows the foreign law firm to set up offices in Saudi Arabia (with certain conditions and requirements), the Ministry of…Read More
Penalties for HR-Related Violations by Establishments (Ministerial Decree No:92768 dated 5/5/1443 H.)
The Minister of Human Resources and Social Development has issued a Ministerial Decree approving the Schedule of Penalties against Violations by Companies and Establishments covering various aspects of operations falling…Read More
Are You Ready?
Let's Work Together
Let us help you conduct business with confidence. Contact our legal team today for immediate assistance.