Leaders In Contract Law
Contract Legal Expertise in Saudi Arabia
Offices in Jeddah, Riyadh, and Dammam
Contracts are the foundation of law. You might have need of contracts on a wide range of issues, including technology transfer, licensing, intellectual property use, and project financing. It is essential that you ensure they reflect your best interests and are mutually understood by all parties. Strong agreements make business simpler, more productive, and more secure.
AlGhazzawi & Partners has a highly experienced and insightful commercial contracts team that can assist your business in any commercial matter. Our legal practice is fully equipped to draft, review, and advise your team about contracts on major projects, over valuable goods and procurements, and regarding complex legal arrangements. We also have extensive expertise and knowledge surrounding the tradition of contract law in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia and how that may affect your domestic or international interests.
Experienced Legal Support for Complex Contractual Issues
Reviewing commercial contracts without knowledgeable and thorough legal help can have catastrophic repercussions for your business. We help clients understand complex arrangements and ensure their interests are well-protected. We have handled large and complex contract challenges for major foreign and domestic clients.
We are a large business law practice that can draw on the specialized expertise of lawyers in every practice area who understand the latest regulations and case law history governing key sectors of the economy (including banking, energy, telecommunication, intellectual property, corporate, maritime, employment law, real estate, and concession rights) and help clients in finalizing fool-proof contracts.
Furthermore, we are widely considered to be leaders in dispute resolution services in the Kingdom, with a deep understanding of all available preventative and active mechanisms that can be applied in the event of contractual disputes, including Alternative Dispute Resolution and litigation. Where required, we meticulously draft mediation and arbitration clauses in contracts and agreements to protect the interests of our clients. Be it the choice of law, means of dispute resolution, venue provision, or other legal and regulatory issues, we ensure our clients are protected now and in the future.
About Our Contract Practice Group
Our team has over 50 years of experience drafting a wide range of complex contracts including civil works, plants design works, equipment installation and procurement works, project management, turnkey projects, EPC contracts, and contracts that are ancillary to main agreements.
Notable contract projects include:
- Advising a Spanish-Saudi consortium on its $8.25 billion Phase 2 of the Haramain High-Speed Railway Project connecting the two Holy cities of Mecca and Madinah via Jeddah; advising on all contractual aspects of the project beginning from assisting the prime contractor with the bid preparation to pre-qualification and later with the execution – a multi-billion US dollar transaction that required heavy involvement from our commercial and corporate team including but not limited to negotiations on behalf of the client with government ministries and authorities.
- Drafting and revising various agreements and contracts for a leading Chinese railway construction company as the main contractor on a USD $2 billion Mecca Metro Project.
- Drafting documents regarding the purchase of a vessel agreement and ancillary agreements, valued at USD $34 million.
- Drafting different contracts for Dredging and Reclamation works of an area covering over 2.4 million sq. meters.
- Drafting contracts for a Master Developer of a mixed-use tract of land measuring 60,000 sq. meters.
- Advising Al-Balad Al Ameen Development and Urban Regeneration, the real estate branch of the Higher Council for the Development of Makkah, on their SAR $13 billion project for the development of slum areas in Makkah. We are advising them on all of their contracts pertaining to the development of the area.
- Acting for an international airline in connection with a sale of goods contract.
Contact Our Contracts Legal Team
No matter the length, breadth, or importance of your contractual matter, the experienced team at Al-Ghazzawi and Partners has the dedication and foresight to handle your contracts with your best interests in mind. We draft and review documents to create clear, functional, and binding contracts that will protect your business. With offices located in Jeddah, Dammam, and Riyadh, we provide contractual services to domestic and international clients across the Kingdom. Contact us to book a consultation.
Read Our Latest Updates on the Kingdom’s Laws & Regulations
Introducing Private Sector Participation Law in Saudi Arabia
Photograph: Ahmed Yosri/Reuters While Public Private Partnerships (PPP’s) have been in existence in the Saudi Arabian business landscape for many years, there have not been any laws governing them –…Read More
AlGhazzawi Professional Association is now AlGhazzawi & Partners
We are excited to announce that our firm name is changing from AlGhazzawi Professional Association to AlGhazzawi & Partners. Please see the full announcement enclosed.Read More
AlGhazzawi & Partners Enters into Cooperation Agreement with Gowling WLG
We are pleased to announce that AlGhazzawi & Partners and the international law firm of Gowling WLG (UK) LLP have entered into a cooperation agreement. This agreement will enable our…Read More
Effects of Business Activities on the Registration of Legal Entities in Saudi Arabia
Download our report on the Effects of Business Activities on the Registration of Legal Entities in Saudi Arabia.Read More
Are You Ready?
Let's Work Together
Let us help you conduct business with confidence. Contact our legal team today for immediate assistance.