Leaders In Business Investment Law
Business Investment Legal Counsel in Saudi Arabia
Offices in Jeddah, Riyadh, and Dammam
The Kingdom of Saudi Arabia has outlined a strategy to achieve diversification through its “Vision 2030” plan, pursuing an aggressive program of economic reform to create an enabling environment for foreign and domestic investment. These reforms have resulted in an increase of all tracked measures on the World Bank’s 2020 “Ease of Doing Business” Index, including 3rd in the world for protecting minority investors and top quartile rankings for starting a business and registering property. In addition, several more sectors have been opened for foreign investment and a high-level standing committee has recently been set up to evaluate and allow foreign investments in strategic and sensitive sectors as well.
AlGhazzawi and Partners has been advising domestic and foreign investors for over 50 years and we fully understand the commercial aspects and objectives of such investments. We work closely with our clients to create strategies for market entry, including new business structuring, mergers and acquisitions, franchising/distribution agreements, financing arrangements, Intellectual property protection, taxation, employment, and real estate acquisition.
Successful Entry into the Saudi Market Requires Sound Legal Support
Saudi Arabia’s foreign investment incentives, young demographics, growing middle class, large and skilled local population, vast oil and mineral resources, along with its strategic location on the Arabian Peninsula between the Red Sea and the Arabian Gulf, all serve to make it the prime destination for foreign direct investment in the Middle East and North Africa.
Our business investment specialists apply a comprehensive legal approach to market entry as well as in protecting and furthering the interests of existing enterprises. They work together with our experts in key practice areas to provide specific and customized advice for every investor’s unique requirements. We also have a strong working relationship with the Ministry of Investment, the agency that oversees foreign investment activities in Saudi Arabia.
Furthermore, we are widely considered to be leaders in dispute resolution services in the Kingdom, with a deep understanding of all available preventative and active mechanisms that can be applied in the event of disagreement among partners, including Alternative Dispute Resolution and Litigation. This holistic approach has enabled us to provide foreign and domestic investors with peace of mind and the full range of legal services required to confidently operate and compete in the local market.
About Our Business Investment Practice Team
for over five decades, our firm has advised domestic and international business investors on how to successfully enter the Saudi market and protect their interest no matter the complexity of their projects.
Notable Business Investment Matters Include:
- Representing a leading investment trust in the assembling of its real estate portfolio, valued at SAR 500 million, in the Kingdom, included advising on valuation, drafting agreements and the distribution and registration of assets between its co-owners and obtaining all necessary government and Sharia court approvals.
- Advising a Middle East investment house on the USD $350 million LBO acquisition of a company in the jewelry sector in Saudi Arabia (in conjunction with Herbert Smith Freehills).
- Advising a UAE bank and a Kuwaiti real estate conglomerate on their $3.2 billion investment in 12 towers in the City of Makkah.
- Advising a major multilateral development bank on its proposed equity participation in a Saudi real estate company.
- Advising a major Kuwaiti investment company in the acquisition of 40% of a leading firm.
- Working closely with various Bahraini, Kuwaiti, Emirati, and Hong Kong investment banks and companies on various multi-million dollars acquisitions of Saudi car lease company.
- Working closely with various Bahraini, Kuwaiti, Emirati, and Hong Kong investment banks and companies on various multi-million dollars acquisitions of Saudi companies
Contact Our Business Investment Team
Whether you are a Saudi Entrepreneur or a foreign company looking to do business in the Kingdom, we invite you to contact us to discuss your particular investment project. With offices located in Jeddah, Dammam, and Riyadh, we support investors across the Kingdom. Contact us to book a consultation.
Read Our Latest Updates on the Kingdom’s Laws & Regulations
Introducing Private Sector Participation Law in Saudi Arabia
Photograph: Ahmed Yosri/Reuters While Public Private Partnerships (PPP’s) have been in existence in the Saudi Arabian business landscape for many years, there have not been any laws governing them –…Read More
AlGhazzawi Professional Association is now AlGhazzawi & Partners
We are excited to announce that our firm name is changing from AlGhazzawi Professional Association to AlGhazzawi & Partners. Please see the full announcement enclosed.Read More
AlGhazzawi & Partners Enters into Cooperation Agreement with Gowling WLG
We are pleased to announce that AlGhazzawi & Partners and the international law firm of Gowling WLG (UK) LLP have entered into a cooperation agreement. This agreement will enable our…Read More
Effects of Business Activities on the Registration of Legal Entities in Saudi Arabia
Download our report on the Effects of Business Activities on the Registration of Legal Entities in Saudi Arabia.Read More
Are You Ready?
Let's Work Together
Let us help you conduct business with confidence. Contact our legal team today for immediate assistance.